View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 07:50 PM   #40
Airwaves

Okay, we'll discuss this off line, but I just want to ask. The Mount and her sister boats don't have to be approved by the USCG re: meeting USCG safety requirements and having a qualified crew?

Are you saying that the US Coast Guard has no jusidiction on Lake Winnipesaukee? That Winnipesaukee is not a navigabe waterway? So perhaps the Coast Guard should not give funding or other support to other than Seacoast efforts?

I recall hearing from a number of folks who live on Winnipesaukee Islands complaining about the new Marine Patrol "Battle Cruiser"! It's only a 41' outdated utility boat from the Coast Guard! But wait, you don't need or want it! Let me konw I can have it transferred to any number of communities outside NH that would love it!

If perhaps the President or Vice President were to take a cruise on the mount (as has happened in the past) and the Coast Guard decided to put a Defender Class vessel or two in the water, that I would not be obligated to stop and be boarded if they ordered me to do so becaue they don't have jurisdiction?

You can have it one way or the other. NH is a state in the union or an independent country.

I obey the COLREGS and laws of the state I am boating in, if there is a confict I err on the side of the COLREgS. Do it right and no one can call you wrong.
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote