View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #17
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
For claiming to not be a chronic speeder you have spent a lot of time and money, on equipment to elude detection. I have been traveling all over New England for work and pleasure for 15 years now, logging between 20K -30K miles yearly. There are very few overzealous cops out there. If so I am sure I would have had my fair share of tickets over the last 15 years.... instead I have no tickets to report... Have I been pulled over? yep certainly have, even have a few written warnings... But after some polite conversations, a quick running of my plates and license, I have always just driven away, every time.... The question is how fast over the speed limit are you going... For me when I have been pulled over I have been between 10 - 15 mph over the speed limit. I get a lecture, but the cops generally realistic about things.

Don't blame the cops, if your traveling over the speed limit there is no one to blame but yourself. If you are sufficiently over the speed limit enough to warrant a ticket, once again blame yourself... The cops, they aren't overzealous. Can they have a bad day? yes Can the decide to write you a ticket if you are rude and uncooperative? Yep, and its your fault.

Don't talk about spending endless amounts of money to avoid getting caught in a speed trap, and then try and justify it by the over zealous cops....
Wow you make a lot of ridiculus assumptions. My wife got a ticket for doing "33 in a 25" in Saco Maine (her one and only ticket). I got a ticket for doing less than 10 MPH over speed limit on Maine Turnpike. I had NH plates at the time.....

As for over zealous I have MANY examples. My boss got a ticket for 75 in a 65 on the Turnpike. A co-worker of mine got a ticket on the Maine turnpike for doing somewhere close to 70 MPH just after the limit dropped to 55MPH zone at 4:30 AM on way to airport.

As for the insinuation that anyone would be rude or whatever you want to spew, I'm not biting. Look up how many tickets are issued each year in NH and ME.

I see the NH and ME state police clocking cars as they approach toll booths from long distances. It's 750-1000 ft out where the speed limit drops from 65 MPH to 35MPH and they give tickets for it. That's over zealous.

The money I spent on detection equipment means I don't have to worry about getting stopped and wasting my time having a conversation.

Lastly, from what I read it sounds like you have way more experience getting pulled over than I ever have.....