Thread: Citizen Website
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #13
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN View Post
It used to be a good paper to read and the website was a mirror of that day's paper.

I can read the present paper cover to cover in about four minutes. Check the number of Classifieds (JOBS), on a good day there may be four or five adds. The website has NEVER had a "JOBS" page since the new owners took over. Don't "THEY" say a paper lives and dies by the advertising? This one may be DOA. I do not think I would pay $90.00 for ether the paper or the website.

Oh how about the Week End addition? Started out at a cost of $2.75 a copy for what was Friday's news and some Fliers. It only took several weeks before they dropped it back to $1.50.

Pound for pound I go with the "FREE" Laconia Daily Sun. Add the WEIRS Times to my list.
I'm sure the Citizens paper would love to get paying job advertisements but advertisers don't put job ads in papers any longer since it is more effective for them to advertise on various sites on the web, including this one! It is a difficult problem for the papers and it is the reason they are often charging for online access. It is a simple rule of economics that someone has to pay for the service that is delivered by a paper and since ad revenues are no longer carrying the freight it has to be the subscribers.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote