View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 06:56 AM   #1
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Updates from Meredith Sno-Streakers Snowmobile Club

Below you will find trail comments from the Sno-Streakers web site. The Sno-Streakers is a snowmobile club located in Meredith. This club is one of the snowmobile clubs that you can join when registering your sled to receive a $30 discount off your registration fees. This club as most are made up of volunteers. I had written to the club asking if they could post more trail condition updates and received a email back from them that they have limited resources etc. I would love to see if folks could continue updating this tread regarding trail conditions and other club activities. It's up to us to keep others informed. For those of you that are fortunate enough to live there and sled whenever you like keep us posted of what the trails are looking like. I would love to take a trip up to do some sledding although if the trails are in rough shape then I can tackle the "Honey to do list" instead!!

Let try and keep this going!! Thanks in advance for your help!!

"Sno-Streakers Trail Report"
1-17-08 Trails are open - grooming continues. We got a lot of snow in Dec. then had a bad warm and rain stretch. The results are about one foot of frozen snow and ice base with a few inches of powder on top of it. Open puddles and water bars are still present from the big melt and some of the lakes are still not safe. With the solid base we have and the promise of cold and some snow in the forcast - things are looking good.
1-20-08 Just got in and the riding is very good - crossed paths with Hank and Patti Grooming in the Tucker last evening and I would like to say thank you from all our active riders - your time is most appreciated. COLD weather for the last couple days has helped close up puddles and brooks. The big lakes are still inconsistant in ice thickness because of previous melt run off. Caution On the RR tracks, the Rt. 3 bridge by the old Harley shop is a construction site with about 100 feet of crushed stone on the tracks under the bridge.
1-21-08 Just a word from speaking with people out on the trails - Some of our woods trails are narrow and terrain sometimes limits "down the path" visability. I just want to remind our "sport" riders that there are many family and beginner riders enjoying our sport on these trails - so please slow down, don't over-drive your down the path visability on these narrow trails. Some riders may not have the reflexes or experience to react well to fast in-coming traffic................. THANK YOU!

Last edited by Old Hubbard Rd; 01-29-2008 at 06:39 AM. Reason: needed to add a line
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote