View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #45
Belmont Resident

Default Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
Nowhere in the warranty does it require the service be do at the dealership or other shop. If person can show receipts, enough said.

Obviously you have your point of view but it also faults people from saving money for what are simple repairs. $49.95 for and air filter change but you suggest paying for a 5 minute item with a maybe $15 part so that the dealer will help you when there is warranty claim? This is why people HATE car dealerships.

And with long distance commuting, there are TONS of cars doing this amount of mileage. My neighbor drives into the heart of Boston 4 days per week. 180 miles or so round trip. Two former co-workers who drive from Portland to Newburyport, MA everyday..... And last I checked, Hyundai does not specify mileage per time restrictions.

What I see here is you are putting the burden on the customer. That's the crux of the issue. Having an attitude that customers lie, lie, lie speaks volumes.
In previous post this guy always seems to take this same approach. The dealer is always in the right the customer is always trying to screw the dealership.
That is probably the reason he isn’t in that line of work as he stated. Some people just don’t deal well with customers and give the business a bad name just by being there.
No give or take in his reply just black and white, the customer is wrong because they always lie and that is it.
I have found that any dealership or for that matter business, can sustain a great reputation when dealing with the minor every day problems. It is the business that goes the extra mile when unforeseen problems pop up that sets them apart from the norm. It sounds like Irwins and Hyundai are not that type of business. Given the volume of problems with this vehicle which included a transmission replacement, Hmmm, I would venture to say it might just be a lemon. How many vehicles require a new transmission then have engine problems on top of that all within this time frame?
From the original post, no attempt was made on the dealerships part to help out in any way but instead referred/shuffled the problem off to someone else, that being corporate Hyundai who immediately shut the customer down without even looking into weather it could be an equipment failure.
I personally have had problems with this dealership. The local contractor work force is always crossing paths on job sites and I’ve talked to many owners of ford work trucks who share my views on this dealership. But on the other side on the coin I meet many car owners who love them. But when I ask if they have ever had a problem their answer is always NO.
So the bottom line is, until you have a problem with your vehicle you really don’t know how a dealership is going to respond.
There used to be a saying, sales department sells the first vehicle to a customer, service department is responsible for future sales.
I don’t often hear that any more.