View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #62
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
Jmen, while I agree with you 110% on the property discussion, I think this thread was directed more for those coming here to vacation not to build or buy land / develop it.

The original poster was getting a sense of an overall tone of the lake due to recent legislation whether that be SL, Rafting or Limits on public ramps. These issues from an outsider point of view has begun to portray NH as un-friendly or un-welcoming. We really need to make sure people don't feel this way or perceive NH this way for it could have catasrophic results.
OCD, that is how I understood it as well, just giving a response to you and alsadad regarding why many locals have hard feelings. My post should have been more directed to alsadad than you, just answering the question.

I agree about changing the perspective about folks looking to vacation here, but that feeling is happening because of what I mentioned in my post. The state is not doing itself any favors and never has when it comes to handling these situations. It is being railroaded by folks with OUR best interests in mind, tell me if you have heard that before.

I appologize BSS for taking this thread off topic, enjoy your stay up here, the lake is beautiful and you will feel very welcome when you get here, have fun and open those boats up across the broads and help us out.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jmen24 For This Useful Post: