View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #26
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
The Common Man group is a corporation that owns numerous restaurants. They do not have an executive chef in each location, they rely on corporate chefs and well trained cooks. It is common when you get chainy- look at Legal Seafoods. It is not necessarily a bad thing, I just would like to see the Woodshed remain an independent restaurant. If I want to go to the Common Man, I can go to Ashland, Concord or one of the other 16 CM locations (and I do on occasion).
Legals and the Common Man may be chains but their food, service and consistencey are excellent. The Woodshed, historically a wonderful choice, appears to be struggling with quality and consistency. Given the recent foreclosure activity the picture is starting to come into focus. While I like a unique independent restaurant as much as the next guy, having one of these well run "chains" operate in the Woodshed building would likely be an excellent outcome. In my opinion, it is the unique building and location of the Woodshed that define the dining experience, not whether the restaurant is owned by an individual or a "chain".
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote