View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #11
MikeF-NH

not trying to sell you on anything but I would think that if I had the money for an 80 foot yacht on Winni and another yacht on the ocean, and I was concerned about cramping a family of 5, I would consider a roomy house on an island or the mainlain (with island living being less expensive but also less convenient). then purchase one large boat for family recreation and a smaller runabout style boat for "running errands".

The hassles associated with boat living (particularly dealing with gray and black water) would just turn me away from this as well as living in a marina with people walking all around me at all hours. Note that marinas can also get busy very early in the morning as fishermen launch to get out for salmon at 5AM. At least in a house, you would have privacy and some peace.

That said, you seem determined for the 80 footer. I'm sure it will be a character building experience for you. Your second issue may be trying to sell it....what was the saying "The two happiest days of my life were - the day I bought it and the day I sold it".
MikeF-NH is offline   Reply With Quote