View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #50
trfour

Default Last Time I Traveled I-89...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I was driving the ol' Jeep down 89 from Burlington VT Friday. It was fairly straight stretch in Andover, NH. With the cruise control set at 74 on my Garmin NUVI 225, the Jeep speedometer says 77,78 mph. Local Andover cruiser stopped me and clocked me at 82 mph! So the GPS was off 8 mph!
The speed limit was 65 miles an hour, excluding off ramps of course. So admittedly, on my part, if they allowed say 70 MPH in some sections, I have found that if you keep it under 5 MPH over the speed limit, and weather and traffic conditions pemiting, they usually won't bother you. However, there IS a fine line there, and you don't want to take any chances! Especially in this economy! They are out there writing up what they can, for job security, as well...

Should you go to court to fight the ticket, don't tell the Judge what you just told us... Wise...
Good luck...

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html