View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 09:27 AM   #3
fatlazyless

Here's a follow up opinion from Anne Deli in the August 29 LaDaSun:

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/index...otorcycle-week

In all honesty I don't think I give two poops about bike week, and would just as soon see Laconia Harley-Davidson be reformed into a giant bicycle store, and bike week could go from motorcycles to bicycles, and still be called bike week which would continue the 95-year history of bike week. Just picture the lakes region with state roads like Rt 3, Rt 11, and Rt 104 with a seperate bicycle lane along-side the two car lanes, plus the luxurious waterfront Winnipesaukee-Opechee-Winnisquam rail-trail, bicycle and walking trail .... the www.wowtrail.org. I recall that Laconia Harley-Davidson was placed 'for sale' maybe 2-3 years ago, but apparently it has not been sold, and is still probably owned by Anne Deli and her husband?

Does the lakes region really want to save bike week from dwindling down in numbers and maybe disappearing .......like.......who cares....and it could be that bike week would better serve the lakes region if it once again became a three day, weekend event as opposed to a nine day, non-event?