View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #9
oldflounder

I went to the town docks today and had a really good "dive." But I don't know if I really want to log it in the book as a dive. I never got over 12' deep. That's where the ice line was. I spent a little over 1/2 hour in the water testing out a different combination of undergarments [than I usually wear] trying to see how long it would take to get uncomfortably cold. I never did, so I think I have the right clothing for ice dive class whenever it gets offered. I found my first lake "treasure" - a functioning rod/reel that someone threw off the end of the docks not that long ago. The line was all twisted around the crank so I think someone got frustrated with it and chucked it. The air was 31* and the water at 12' was 33. This is a neat spot to practice winter diving - I'm surprised the locals don't take advantage of the open water and easy access for training or staying in condition. Oh well - back to the ocean next week unless the conditions are as bad as they have been the past couple weekends.
oldflounder is offline   Reply With Quote