Thread: Lago - Meredith
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #19
Belmont Resident

Default TomC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
the location is excellent and i am disappointed that Lago has gone downhill. i ordered a steak medium, and it came out (very) rare.. Should be no big deal to fix, so i sent it back to be cooked a bit longer. by the time it was returned, it was (very) well done and the side dishes were cold. so i told them to start over. by the time i saw a meal, the rest of my family was done and already ordered dessert. they put the meal in a doggie bag, and comp'd it, but the dinner was a failure at that point
You describe the same exact thing that has been happening to me at Longhorns. After spending the $50 gift card they sent me and again over cooking my steak I will never return. My wife loves them but she gets tips med-well. I'm a med-rare more on the rare side guy.
We went to Sunnivilla last W/E with friends and I had the same problem. I asked for rare and got slightly over cooked med.
I don't remember the last time I got a steak cook even close to the way I want it in the lakes region unless it was off my own grill.