View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 05:59 AM   #7
IslandRadio

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Pilot View Post
Even the radio stations are better in Maine.
They're even better out in the Mid-West, Central region and West (but not all the way to the coast).

BelmontResident: Do you have any sort of Internet available where your camp is? 102.9 streams their audio. Even with crummy Verizon Broadband Wireless (which is UNBELIEVABLY slow at least where my place is on Rattlesnake), streaming generally works and the amount of bandwidth consumed is not bad at all.

Generally, I will stream some sort of music at least 3 or 4 hours a day when I'm at the lake, and never have I come close to using the 6 or so gigabytes that is included in the monthly service charge.

I will definitely agree with whomever it was who made the comment about the Beatles, Monkeys, etc. Those bands, while important, comprised a small amount of the actual music from the 60s which you never hear anywhere except on-line. Virtually every "oldies" station I have heard in New England seems to be a 30-something's or 40-something's interpretation of 60s music

I know this is going to sound really stupid, but I program the local access TV stations in my area (big deal!). One of these is the so-called government channel. When we're not otherwise broadcasting a Selectmen's or town meeting, I have a bulletin board running with music in the background.

It's about a 2000 song playlist (which is way bigger than just about any radio station!) of the actual music that was on the radio during the 1960s which of course included plenty of standards from the previous couple of decades. The station has an amazing listenership for local access, and we receive constant positive comments about the music from residents. Go figure!
IslandRadio is offline   Reply With Quote