View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 10:48 PM   #2
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
Hi, I am thinking about maybe some day in the future about building a home on Winnipesaukee, and after growing up on the island my whole life I would like to build on a an isalnd to give my kids the full experience that I got growing up. I am looking to see if anyone knows of a good builder in the area, that maybe specializes in island property. I havent bought a piece of land yet, because I want to see prices of building a home, before getting too involve. I need to keep my head above water if you know what I mean? So if anyone knows any builders who they strongly reccomend, let me know. Thanks
Browndog: Congratulations on pursuing your dream of securing an island property for your family. I don't have any recommendations on a builder but as the economy has improved in recent years it has been harder and harder to get contractors to bid on projects never mind to actually complete projects. Given this reality and the fact that as you allude to the cost of building on an island is high due to the difficulty of getting there why not consider an existing property that someone else has already incurred the cost of developing?
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote