View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #17
Phantom

I share Belmont Residents concerns 100%.

Island Girl -- I see, and commend your point as well ... and respect the fact that ---"I don't think a couple of older riders are nutty enough to go joy riding after dark."

My fear would be that running lights on PWC's become the new "Thing" on our Lake !!

Once that happens you all know as well as I that we will see more and more of these low profiled / erratict (direction) operating PWC's across the Lake as a whole -- including in the middle of the Broads. Unfortunately not all are "older & Wiser" as you state Island Girl

Please do not get me wrong -- I am a former owner of a 3 person PWC & loved the machine!!

But with regard to night riding (and I understand you are referring to dusk or shortly after - thus exempt from this rant of mine) I cannot tell you the number of times that I have been SPOOKED--- and then downright shake my head in amazement shocked -- to find a Kyak or canoe with "simple" battery operated Nav's literally POP Up in the middle of nowhere (yes, the Broads among other spots) and as I said in the other thread there is the inevitable Rogue wave that gets you ... and they are NOT uncommon, as Belmont Resident can probably attest to.

Sorry for My rant All .....