View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 11:55 AM   #24
Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
... For a vehicle registered in NH you have to get it inspected annually at a NH certified inspection station, so in theory you couldn't have it out of state for much more than 1 year. ...
My stepson is a licensed inspector. It used to be you could not get your car pre-inspected but now you can do it up to 3 calendar months in advance. You also need a -valid- registration not the new one. Many shops are not aware of this and will give you push-back. Ask them to call the Dept of Safety for clarification if they can't find it in the handbook.

Also... Many years ago my father told me he knew someone who was doing extended travel and missed his inspection date. He wrote an explanation letter to the Director of the Dept of Safety explaining the situation and received a waiver that was good for so many days after his estimated date of return. I do not know if this is something they will still do and my father used to know a lot of folks with 'connections' so it my not be possible for us regular folks.
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote