View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
Pineedles

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvfreeordie View Post
Hi, you purchased the house from my family. We owned that one and the one next door which was sold shortly after. The house was in the family for generations and was never a fishing camp but was initially built as an inn and was so when my great grandfather bought it. It was green with white trim and as on the water as it gets in Wingate Cove. Dr. Scholl never owned the house and I have no recollection of someone by that name living in Wingate. We knew just about everyone in the cove. The commericial was of Maxwell House Coffee where a woman walked out onto the porch to enjoy her early morning coffee. It was filmed in the middle of the afternoon but they used lighting and fog machines to make it look like early morning. Maxwell also paid the neighbors behind you to keep their dog quiet for the day. I believe it was filmed in the 80's (I can't entirely remember when). We built the second house in 1989 and I belive the commericial was filmed before then. I haven't been able to find a clip of the commericial. If I do, I will forward to you.
Welcome lvfreeordie! You will be properly greeted by RLW soon, I am sure. I find it amazing that you just joined the forum this month and saw this thread and made your first post today. Were you lurking for some time, and this thread caught your fancy and you decided to respond, or did someone tip you off to it? Anyway, welcome I'm sure you will be a good source of info for other topics as your family spent many generations on the lake.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote