View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 08:16 PM   #15
Lyver

Default 405 Review

Stopped in a few weeks ago to try the 405. Dave greeted us and quickly seated us to the right in the dinning area, where it was super warm (I love the heat!). Leah was our server and was good. We started with drinks... I had something on the menu called the Loopy Fruit. TERRIBLE! Leah later told us that the woman behind the bar had to look up what was in the drink (um, if it's on your drink special menu, shouldn't you know what in it!?) My husband ordered a Bloody Mary, which is hard to screw up, that was also terrible! Watered down and the Bloody Mary mix we could tell was from a bottle. We aren't people to cheat a restaurant out of food or money, so when Leah asked how the drinks were we told her, but asked her not to replace them or comp them. We started with the buffalo tenders as an appetizer and they were GREAT! Freshly made and a good portion! My husband ordered the sausage sub for dinner and I had the veggie wrap. The veggie wrap was good, wasn't blown away by it, but not sure how you could make it better. My husband's sausage sub wasn't very flavorful... the peppers and onions had been boiled and it took most of the flavor away from the sandwich.

Went back about 2 weeks later to catch up with some friends for just drinks and appetizers. I was late to arrive and everyone had food and drinks when I arrived. The nachos and pizza they ordered looked wonderful, were huge, and tasted great. I again tried to get a different drink special on the menu, this time option for the Pear-tini. Waaaayyyy too much lime juice and again wasn't impressed with the drinks. I ordered the buffalo tenders, knowing they were good.

So bottom line, great appetizers and pizzas, but skip the cocktails (I'm not a beer or wine drinker, so I'm outta luck with that one).
Lyver is offline   Reply With Quote