View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default Truck Buyers Beware

Well, first of why is this under boating, my logic is simple, most of us that own trailerable boats own trucks.... they go hand and hand... now on to my point.

So last night, I stopped in at a Chevy dealership, I from time to time like to check out the new models, and you never know when something might actually interest me enough to reconsider going forward and starting down the road to a new vehicle.

Well durring this visit I noticed something on several of the Chevy 1500 trucks.... the ratio for the rear end was a 3.08... at first I thought I was looking at 2 WD models, nope I made sure, one was a Z71 another was a 4X4.... A sales man came over and started talking to me and I noted this revelation to him, and he asked me to show him an example, which I did...his comment "well now we know how the claim 21 mpg".....

My point is simple if your going to look into a new truck to pull that boat of yours make sure you check what the MFG is putting into the rear end for a gear... in the quest for mpg, sacrificies are being made....