Thread: Chilly Day!
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 11:31 PM   #17
trfour

Post Absolutely!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
I think they're all computers at this point A lot of data, including radar, used to be more dependable for boating and planning. It seems they even have models masquerading as radar nowadays. I was getting poured on a couple of Saturdays ago, and the "doppler" didn't even have a green spec on the display.

Some weather sites show a fantastic Friday coming up. But that's somewhat changing. Accuweather ans INtellicast have made a mistake. On one site, they show my forecast for the weekend, which differs in temperature and sun/cloud ratio from the people forecast and picture below.

I still try to predict my own weather now. If it's going to be miserable in Ohio and the GL, I add a day or two, and imagine that to be my weather. I just wish they could have left well enough alone and kept things like they were 3-4 years ago.

Just try to keep in mind, Mother Nature taught us all very well here to keep an eye on the sky and pay attention to her art [ works for me ]. Since Van Gogh and others have gone, She has continued to paint a very clear picture!
For instance, and from a recent full timer/year rounder, a look out of your window during winter would give you an instant review of her art works in frost, hopefully on the outside of your viewing window.

Reminds me of an old hit tune, 'Baby Its Cold Outside'!

Here, let me double check...................
Attached Images

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote