Thread: Tavern 27
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 06:01 AM   #63
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I think the owner cares a lot about the business, and as a result is sometimes overenthusiastic about ensuring his guests are having a good experience. We love the food at Tavern 27. Our one complaint is that we like to sit at the bar, and the bar tables are usually reserved for "members." I don't think we should have to pay a premium to sit where we want, especially when no one is sitting in the bar area. (This has happened to us several times.) We live in South Down, and would go to Tavern 27 one or two times a month instead of one or two times a year.
Just to give you an alternative perspective... We've been members since the beginning, and more than once have been able to get one of those bar tables semi-last minute on a busy night. We also have a place in South Down, so it's super convenient (and worth the small membership fee) to do so.

Considering that the membership thing is fairly cheap ($50?), and Tavern27 certainly isn't on the lower-end of the price scale to eat at, it would seem the membership cost shouldn't be such a big deal? Maybe that's just my perspective, but your post basically makes it sound like you're preventing yourself from enjoying what you want over a relatively small cost, especially when factored into all the other costs of "being at the lake".

Just my perspective...