Thread: Tavern 27
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #25
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBay View Post
We enjoyed the great drinks and service. The food is very good too but the portions could be larger for the price you paying. It would be nice if they cleaned up the back. Time for a yard sale and whatever can't be sold, donate it to Waste Management.
I'm glad you enjoyed the food service and drinks

price in ratio to portion size was an early dilemma I faced. Do I buy, then serve lower quality from the conglomerates for a cheaper price or do I feature local, fresher quality for a higher price? This was a difficult decision because our labor intense approach to preparation and presentation were other factors worthy of consideration when pricing our menu. Please also understand that Tavern 27 is so small that we can't make it up in volume. I'll never rush a party from their seats to turn a table. I prefer our guests to tell us when they are done, not us tell them.

I don't plan to enlarge my portions or lower my prices but if you are looking for value with quality, come back in August when we are harvesting our garden. I believe I'll be able to create some specials, fresh from the garden that can compete with the chain store prices.

Now about that clutter in the back Yes I agree it needs to go away. It's on my list and in part the inspiration behind our welcome / three year plan message. I'm learning that building / running a restaurant while also revitalizing a once abandoned golf course combine for an extremely labor intense way of life. There are only so many hours in a day. Please bare with me. I promise that the space you wrote of will one day be considered one of the more attractive features of the Mystic Meadows.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post: