View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 07:40 PM   #12
Biggd

Thanked 1,073 Times in 678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
I've always been a proponent of NOT buying the latest and most expensive TV because they are obsolete pretty quickly.
Thanks Biggd. I'm a proponent of this as well. Problem is, I don't always follow my own good judgement.

Still, based on my research, one of the few drawbacks to OLED's is that they're not as bright as LED technology. One of their main benefits however is their stellar viewing angles...much better than LEDs. We'll be positioning the TV in a bright room with fairly extreme viewing angles on the two sides.

The latest OLED technology is called QD-OLED which significantly amps up the brightness levels to where they are comparable to LED. So, on the surface, that seems ideal for our situation. Yet it is the latest technology and rather costly. Could be the consumer is just getting bamboozled. I wonder if at some point TVs get so good that any further enhancements would be literally imperceptible to the human eye.[/QUOTE]

Both of my TV's are OLED but my LG is in my screen porch and is plenty bright enough. I don't view at extreme angles so I can't really speak to that.. The Samsung is in my living room and has the sound bar. I'm a Samsung fan as I have a Samsung phone also, but I really like the LG TV. As far as the sound bar, I don't find it to be worth the expense, but that's JMO. I'm 70 so take it for what it's worth.
I'm not big into home theater and I will admit I'm not a TV expert. I prefer to be outside whenever possible rather than indoors watching TV. I will put a jacket on and go out to my screen porch and watch a hockey game, makes me feel like I'm there.
I bought both of my TV's at Costco on sale but the LG came with a free year of Paramount plus and I have continued the subscription. Walmart had the same LG TV at the same price but no free year of Paramount plus.

Last edited by Biggd; 02-08-2024 at 08:25 PM.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote