Thread: Ellacoya
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #16
LakeSnake

Default Still a go to place

I along with my better half have been going to Ellacoya quite often for about 7 years now. We have always enjoyed the service, food and atmosphere. We usually sit at the bar if it’s just the two of us but will take a table if there is no room or if we have a larger group.
I think over that time period we have only had issue with the food on two visits. In both cases we were not charged for the meal that was not up to par. Correction of a mistake is one trademark of a well-run business, hence we have no reservation of returning.
On our most recent visit we did note that there are a number of new wait staff. Although our visit was enjoyable we did note that some of the new staff seemed a little "green" in comparison to some of the more tenured staff but I expect that to improve over time. I think the "Team Meeting" that is held each night prior to the 5:00 rush is a great idea and must help keep everyone on the same page. Perhaps the management could take some of the posts from this site and review them with staff (if that is an appropriate setting) so they know firsthand what customers are thinking.

My other half's family was in the restaurant business for over 20 years so we tend to be overly critical and notice everything wrong as well as everything right.

As a side note I think they did a great job integrating the new addition into the look and feel of the place.

Looking forward to the next time we get to stop by.