Thread: Boating Hours
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #28
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
I regard weekends as a reason to not go boating! (And there are previous threads that show that others see it the same way).
Your (and their) loss!! The only thing that keeps me from boating on a weekend is bad weather or a prior social commitment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
To your specified suggestions of "safety", "fear", "economy", and "price of gas", how many participants in this poll can give answers for a full season of weekdays-only boating?

(I can).
Good for you! What was the point? How many people can say they live on the lake and are fully retired so they have nothing else to do except enjoy the lake, all day any day?? I don't live on the lake, I'm about 50 minutes drive time away so that eliminates the possibility of taking an evening cruise. Even if I did live there, I'm not retired yet so I'm working during the day when you're out sailing and/or boating. Honestly, you make it sound like the only people that deserve to be on YOUR lake are retirees!!

If people are afraid to do something in life, perhaps they should not do that something. Afraid the jet might crash? Don't fly. Afraid the bungee cord might break? Don't bungee jump. Afraid someone might crash into you on the interstate? Stay off the interstate. There are risks involved in doing just about anything; either accept those risks or stay away but don't create useless "feel good" laws because you fear something might happen! Yes, crap happens.....buck up and deal with it!