View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #38
angela4design

I had an ER visit where I was having symptoms of meningitis. After extensive testing, and EIGHT HOURS of crushing pain and waiting, they still refused to the last test - a spinal tap. (Really, who pleads with the doc to HAVE a spinal tap??) The ER doc at LRGH actually was great, and wanted to do the Tap, but the Neurologist on duty refused to let him! They couldn't find anything else wrong, and wanted to send me home with Tylenol. I let them send me away - I went straight to Concord Hospital, where I was diagnosed and treated within two hours. (No meningitis, but we did the spinal tap and were able to diagnose from there.)

I have since seen the LRGH ER doctor, who didn't remember me, but I told him that he was right, and should have followed his instinct to do the tap. I thanked him for at least trying to do what was best.

A family member of mine also had an "Outpatient" surgery at LRGH... three days later, she was plummeting fast. They kept adding drugs, adding drugs, she got worse and worse! She's allergic to some drugs, so I convinced the doctor to CEASE using meds completely for 12 hours to see if that helped. She recovered immediately. She was allergic to something in this drug cocktail that they had been giving for three days! Geesh!

Now, I have friends that work there, and the people there are really great, nice people overall. I think there are just certain times when the system breaks down, and you don't get either "health" or "care"
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote