Thread: New Baby Birds
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #10
Water Camper

Default Yes, they've flown out of the nest

bclaker, thanks for asking. This is the last shot I got of them (before they left the nest). The mother was being bothered by me wanting to take pictures so I backed off. When I went back to take pictures many days later, the little ones flew out of the nest, right at my face, scaring the heck out of me.

I was so upset. I thought I'd scared them out, thought they were to young to leave the nest. They (3 of them) were hopping around in the grass and the parents were chirping frantically away at them. I went on the other side of the yard and watched the mother and father fly down to them, repeadily, and teach them how to fly. They didn't end up back in the nest but made it into another bush for the night. Mother continued to bring them food.

This afternoon all 3 baby birds were in the tree in my back yard, trying out their wings, flying from branch to branch. I'm so happy (you can not believe how much!) that they are okay and are going to make it! I learned a lesson from this. Leave mother nature alone! Don't get too close and interfere or scare them.
Attached Images

Water Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Water Camper For This Useful Post: