View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 07:05 AM   #40
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default At the Belmont office yesterday,

to get set-boxes for me, my aunt and my uncle. Found out with the basic and expanded basic package each account is allowed 2 free standard set-box not the HD. HD costs $1.95 @ month each! If you have one of the premium packages you will only get one free HD set box.

The office says my aunt and uncle already have set boxes, my aunt has a DVR. I looked at their statements later and they are being charged a monthly fee for the devices. Found them and they are not being used as the remote is too small for their sights and the channel numbering system is way too different to remember. My aunt does not use the DVR. I notice my uncle is charged $8.95 for his set box! They are taking advantage of the elderly!

I was googling HD set-boxes on line and found many available on line for as little as $25. Found a used one for $10. Anyone ever set up a set-box not from Metrocast?

The family uses the digital tuners built into the TV. The channel numbers are easier for them to remember. I purchased large buttons remotes for their use.

I'm not sure now what to do for them. The instructions for the remotes do not include set boxes and the new channel numbers will be very confusing!

As for me I use the Peel remote app. This app allow me to change channel numbers and large buttons on my tablets. I requires internet and my aunt and uncle do not have internet.