View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 01:26 AM   #27
Argie's Wife

You asked if we had to go out to bid for an architect. The answer is no. The bid process can be waived - and should be in this case. This isn't my opinion - this is based on fact, expert recommendations, and rules of the trade. There's a lot of information about this on the web:

Selection of An Architect
School Construction and Operations Resource Guide
Manual for Planning and Construction of School Buildings
Qualified-Based Selection (selecting an architect)
QBS - The Brooks Act - Federal Law about hiring an Architect

There's tons of information on the web about the selection process, best practices, etc.

The QBS process WAS USED when the architect was hired - I have researched this very thoroughly because when it was first questioned I did not know for sure - it was before I was involved. All of the binders from the selection, extensive meeting minutes and other documentation is all on file at the SAU and available to the public. I can provide you with the names, dates, meeting minutes, motions, if you want - I've done my homework here.

I am sensitive and respectful to the opinions of the posters here who did not vote for the bond. However, the budget has decreased over the past few years and many cuts have been made, while many improvements have also been made. I'm proud of our schools and I'm not ashamed of our work - anyone who has any questions about what has been said in opinions in the papers is welcome to contact for information - I'll respond with facts, as always.

As I said here earlier, I don't wish to see this thread turn political - we're all here because we love the lake, and we all want the same things (e.g. good schools) but may not see eye-to-eye, and I respect that. My invite for you to be part of the solution still stands.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Argie's Wife For This Useful Post: