View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 01:24 PM   #23
dave603

Default Not a big surprise

Anyone else get this from Sen. Shaheen in response to the form we sent?

Sent the email form in what, March
AND SHE TOTALLY MISSED TO THE POINT!
And just for grins I tried to respond. ( the Email bounced for unknown recipient )

April 21, 2015

Dear Dave,
Thank you for contacting my office about the Renewable Fuel Standard. I appreciate hearing from you about this important issue.

I believe an energy policy that reduces our dependence on fossil fuels, promotes efficiency and facilitates clean energy technologies is critical to addressing climate change and creating jobs.

The Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) is important because it promotes the development of advanced biofuels that will help us achieve energy independence and transition to a clean energy economy. By 2022, the RFS will require us to use 36 billion gallons of renewable fuel per year. The RFS also enhances our nation's energy security by encouraging fuel production from renewable domestic sources, decreasing our reliance on imported fossil fuels. This will provide a major incentive to move toward cleaner, more efficient energy technologies.

Because the RFS would increase demand for corn-based ethanol, I understand concerns some have raised that it could cause food prices to rise for consumers and businesses. As debate continues on this issue, I will keep these concerns in mind.

We must work in a bipartisan way to address our long-term energy challenges, to bring families relief from high energy costs and to spur the nation toward energy independence. I will keep your views in mind should related legislation, or similar matters, come before the full Senate for consideration.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with me, and please do not hesitate to contact my office with any future concerns.

Sincerely,

Jeanne Shaheen
United States Senator
dave603 is offline   Reply With Quote