View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #23
Lakelady

Thumbs down North End Restaurant

We had played golf on Friday and saw that the North End was opening at 4PM, we decided to try it since the Woodshed and other area restaurants did not open until later. It was 4:15PM. We eat out alot and are from the local area, but I would not go back to the North End ever. Service was good, our server was always available. We had the knots and the garlic/mussels, not much garlic/wine sauce, but good portion of mussels. The knots are delicious but I would prefer bread. Our chianti was good and the glasses (as with previous comment) do need to be upgraded, especially if you order a nice bottle of wine. Our meal was horrible...he had veal parm and I the chicken parm. His veal was so dry and thin that he could hardly cut it with a knife..dry, worse than shoe leather. My chicken was OK, sauce is sweet, and did taste like a jar sauce. We have had these exact same meals at other local restaurants and have decided that the trip to the North End is just not worth it. Too bad as they really do need something up that way. Sorry, but we have heard that it was OK, but we must give it thumbs down.
Lakelady is offline   Reply With Quote