View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 07:45 PM   #12
Lakegeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by southy View Post
First of all, I would like to address a few things. First to the "lakegeezer" a french friend told you not to have a sip of wine after a bite of salad with vinager? So why did you? If you hang on every lasting word this french guy says. If you knew that, why didn't you order a caesar salad or a salad with a non-vinager based dressing. Sounds like you need to stick to french food with your buddy.
Even in northern Italy, it is rare to not to be served bread with your wine. At TNE, I was surprised none was served when our wine came and asked for bread, not knowing that ordering the $3 oil&garlic rolls from the menu was my only option. I like italian dressing, along with my bread and wine. Is that so unusual? I suspect the french custom of clearing the tongue before sipping wine is universal, as long as the wine is good. TNE house wine is very good, so why not tone down the vinegar before sipping? I don't hang on their every word a frenchman says, unless its about wine. Then I'll take a frenchman's advice over a californian any day. By the way, the wine glasses are just fine.

Like others, I hope TNE makes it. It is a good alternative to Buckey's and the Village Kitchen.