View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 07:01 AM   #13
The Real BigGuy

Default Transmisson Suggestions

Short story long : I had a 2006 BMW X5 (out of warranty) that would flash a warning light, go to low power mode, and give me a message to pull to the side of the road due to a significant electric problem every time I turned right. Took it to the dealer, explained what was happening, they kept it for a day and gave me a diagnosis of a bad battery with replacement at about $250. A couple of weeks later problem recurred. I was walking around the vehicle and noticed that the left rear tail light was 1/2 full of water. Took it back to the dealer. This time they said the water in the taillight was sloshing when I turned right and causing a short that signaled the computer to do its safety thing. Replaced the taillight assembly for about 500, and they wouldn’t credit anything from the battery replacement. Issue never recurred after the taillight replacement.

I told the service manager they basically sucked at diagnosis even after I had told them it only happened turning to the right and never went back to the dealer after having bought 2 vehicles from them.

Short of it: they had that tech at least as far back as 2006.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Real BigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Real BigGuy For This Useful Post: