View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #25
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Default Love the old "white faces"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
The problem you cite is not a dog problem, but a people problem -- just like loud boats, loud music, camp loudspeakers, motorcycles, etc. Did I mention loud boats? All these can be controlled by their owners (well, maybe not the boats so much).

We have two dogs, and usually have three at the house. They don't bark, they are kept on-leash when off our property, and I am the only one who sees their poop. Barking dogs are an owner issue. Address the owners, address the issue.

I think my dogs enjoy the Lake as much as humans!
We have become "cat people" but no pets have ever beat our Goldens. They are both sadly gone for many years. No better breed IMHO.

Someone once told me that living with a Golden was like living with an idiot relative.. (no insult to anyones relatives! )

My favorite Golden story comes from a friend of my Dad. Frank and his wife where getting ready to go out for the evening, and husband Frank was assigned to go out and find "Walter" their Golden. Old Walter was always off visiting the neighbors. As Frank drove around in the pouring rain looking for Walter, he finally spotted him on a neighbors front porch. He rolled down the window and called Walter into the car. Walter jumped into the back seat. When he got home, he found his "Walter" already on his front porch.. and had to return the other Golden to his home. Long story, but anyone that has or has had a Golden will "get it".