View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #37
VtSteve

Default In other words APS

You want a pond? Seriously, I agree that a 36' Baja (with a speed prop) is a bad choice for watersports. Not to mention the huge wake it leaves forever towing a tube

Lampreys are far less visible now that they actually did something about them. You actually have to bite the bullet and work at it, just as with millfoil and all that.

Look, I know accidents happen, just like stupidity happens. I also know you can't cure stupid. I'm all for safety and common sense APS, believe me. I also am not a bif fan of boats lower than planing speed roughing me up from their wakes (my bot is 22', not 36'). I have experienced the Mad Wakes before, trust me on this.

If there are kayaks being run over, in reverse no less, I'd blame the captain, not the boat. You like to sail, and I have to trip over many a large sailboat just to get out of my bay. I don't begrudge them their right to sail on a great sailing lake. That's the difference between you and me. One of many I presume. It's not your friggin lake, and if you have legitimate gripes, by all means, report them. Including the noisy boat that broke the laws.

BTW, I reported a Montreal Sailboat that dumped his tanks heading Northboud out on the main lake here to the Coast Guard. I would have preferred to either impound his boat, or send a missile his way. But alas, I didn't have either at my disposal. If we banned sailboats here, life would be pristine, quiet, serene, and far easier. But somehow, we persevere. Thorughout all od this, we've had several fun runs and many fast boats (100 mph plus) sharing the lake with no issues. I'd take a dozen more of them over these absolute idiots in bowriders towing tubers through a beach area.

You of little facts, have a great day.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote