View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 08:06 AM   #7
Mee-n-Mac

Unhappy Capt B on Sunapee

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
While I'm sure this incident could be pimped to support any number of new nanny-state laws, I would be shocked if a water skier was being pulled at anywhere near 45MPH.
What this clearly shows that slow speeds are no guarantee of "safety" (vis-a-vis collisions). You can give Capt B all the time in the world to see the hazard but if he refuses to look .... I recall that back in 2005 (or so ?) a 23' SeaRay T-boned a pontoon boat on Winni (in broad daylight) and lodged itself on top of said 'toon. At a speed under 45 MPH. So when people claim "He was going to fast to see me in time", I generally believe it's more like ;

a) he saw you and didn't care or
b) wasn't even looking.

This seems to be a case of the latter.

People have harped on how the Littlefield case demonstrates that their argument is correct. I wonder what arguments can be "proved" by this incident ? I say if there's anything that this 1 incident proves it's the old saying about how hard it is to defeat a determined fool.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mee-n-Mac For This Useful Post: