View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #30
NH_boater

Quote:
Originally Posted by znh View Post
Where do you go out in your kayak ?

I also fish often in the early morning from my kayak and will weave in and out of mooring fields, go near the docks and stuff but would NEVER even think of casting near anyone boat's or other property. I only cast around docks that have no boats or PWC's there. I've also only experienced good people waving or saying a simple good morning, I think if they see my intentions are good they have no problem with me being close to their house.

As for the OP, next time they come just start blasting some loud crappy music or start slapping the water with a paddle or anything that will make them think you are scaring the fish away...
I fish for smallies primarily in Alton Bay and Robert's Cove. Send me a PM if you want to join up.

I never power-cast a lure towards a boat. I may cast towards an empty dock though. I have been known to flip a jig near docks and boats (probably 5 or 6 feet away). Flipping a jig, for those not familiar, is a controlled underhand cast where you can generally pin-point your aim to the size of a dinner plate or so. This is a very productive fishing technique when the fish are lurking under docks and moored boats. I am comfortable with this approach and have never come close to hitting someone's boat.

Docks and boats can produce smallies, but rock piles and ledges, found by my fish finder are usually much more productive so that is where I fish most often.
NH_boater is offline   Reply With Quote