View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #18
oldflounder

Default Another bad weekend for the ocean

It didn't sound like it was going to be a very pleasant day at the ocean today so so I went to Centre Harbor docks after the rain stopped. The air was 36* and the water was 36*. Ice shelf has backed off a bit since I was last there but there is some new ice forming back up again along the edge -- though it won't last long with the rains and 50* temps forecast for later next week. I wish I could say I had a nice dive but I no sooner got my full face mask on and got beneath the surface and I could feel it bubbling out air somewhere. I fiddled with it and fiddled with it and couldn't get the leak to stop so I surfaced and realized I was having a freeflow. So that ended my diving for the day. I had on a pony but I didn't want to deal with the ice water on my bare face. So I just spent 1/2 in the water without the scuba unit on, pretending I was an ice breaker barging my way into the thin ice shelf breaking off ice in as far as I could get [simple amusements for simple minds.] I wanted to see how long it would take to get chilled. I never did get cold but I was getting bored so I got out and went home.

Maybe I'll try here again next week if the ocean keeps acting up. Maybe not.

Last edited by oldflounder; 03-03-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: 1
oldflounder is offline   Reply With Quote