View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 03:20 AM   #12
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Rule number one, if you get stopped and the LEO see a radar/lidar detector or suspects one (sees you hiding it) then you will get the speeding ticket.

A detector labels you a frequent flyer in their eyes.

No detector, then a warning is possible.
Although an officer's bias may be true, in my case I have both my daily drivers set-up with custom installed radar detectors and laser jammers (both front and rear). They each also have Spectre immunity, audible alarm as to type of system my car is being hit with (each type has distinct tone), and I have on off toggle switch. No dash or visor mounting for my vehicles.

It has nothing to do with being chronic speeder as much as it is overzealous enforcement. I more than equalize the score.

They ONLY way I would get a ticket is if I was the only car on the road.

If a police radar system goes off either in front or behind me on the road, my system can pick it up from several thousand feet (or more) away with ease. When the hit the cars in front of me with lidar (laser), they've given themselves away.

Not sure how effective the laser detector will be on the water as boats are spaced very far apart. I won't be on Winni this year (different lake not far from it though) otherwise I would use my old visor mount unit to see how often they're clocking boats.

Starts with and "N" and ends with a "D"