View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #25
AC2717

Default Update!!

Still no luck but there was a revalation:
Clean fuel filter, clean carbs, throttle working correctly, gas seems to be a non issue (meaning it is not bad)
dash unit not the problem - disconnected it off and ran the same with it on or off
here is what is happening now:
runs almost like in limp mood, when you hit a wake and the machine either gets bumped by the wake or tilts up into the wake (as in comes out of the water a little and has less resistance maybe, or maybe something it sticking and the bump knocks it loose for a little bit), she takes off up to full speed, then eventually slows herself back to the slower speed, or if going good and start to make a turn the same things happens. I though it was tugging the wires in the dash unit, so i look at that, and there was no movement there

at this point I am thinking the ECM might has an issue, but I have not been able to find locate the water bowl on the machine to check this, as tilting up may make room for more gas flow and then turning shifts something around in there. Does anyone know where it is - is it the part that the fuel line runs into after the filter and gets separated into three lines to go into each carburator, I doubt it but I cannot see anything else.

Also I checked all wiring connections all are good and tight, engine also only about 7 years old-but was an exact replacement to the original.

I am going to get back on it, the end of this on the water bowl, before I hand it over to H&K, does anyone else have any ideas?

Last edited by AC2717; 08-20-2012 at 08:38 AM.
AC2717 is offline   Reply With Quote