View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 08:04 AM   #6
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
This is a Hyper unit so it's supposed to throw heat all the way down to -15, we'll see?
It will through heat even below -15 degrees.... it just will not be as efficient.

As I think you have found out, figure out where you want to set the units to keep the entire house comfortable. Don't be like my inlaws, and try and control each zone by itself.... it is a fools earned and ends up costing you money....

As for cost, you electric bill will increase, but likely not as much as you think..... I like the fact that you have kept your exsisting system oil fired, and will still use it for hotwater.... it is good to have a back-up, and on the coldest days can help you as the mini-split may not keep you warm enough with out running full out all day long.

I used a heat pump for many years and found the set it and forget it technique the bast avenue to keep the house comfortable, and keep electric usage minimal.