View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #41
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Whoa, this thread has gotten very messy...which is sad as the original poster was just looking for advice on what to do.

280ss,

Sorry to here about your misfortune at LakePort Landing. Now first of all think about what 400$ means to you before you go any further... Sure Small claims court is a possibility, but that means a day away from work. Sure you could fight the charges through the credit card company, but in the end you may still have to pay the charge and that is a negative on your credit report. so with that to ponder, let me tell you what I would do...

Assuming that "Ted" is the Maintenance Manager at LakePort, I would talk to his boss, with Ted Present. Let his boss decide how to resolve the situation. If you can't prove that they didn't do the work, this is your best avenue. The bottom line is the work was probably done, authorized or not. Should they give you something for free? The answer is no. Should they compensate you for their mistake of not getting authorization, yes... If they asked you to pay for the parts and they will eat the labor, I would be happy with that and walk away.

Now by walking away, I mean walk away as a customer that will not return.