View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #26
Yankee

Default 280ss

I should preface by saying that I keep and store my boat at Lakeport and have nothing but good things to say about their service dept. They have more than enough business, to suggest any subterfuge to make unneeded repairs to get into someones wallet (especially for 400 bucks!!) is absurd. I know that staff personally and will vouch for Ron and his crew. They are platimum Merc certified, there's not very many marinas on the lake with that cert. When it comes to my boat I trust their technical acumen implicitly. Should they have called and/or made it clear that the impellers needed to be replaced yes, absolutely and if they didn't they need to offer a sincere apology for not calling.

You have a great boat worth I'm guessing north of $50K. You paid (I'm guessing again near $2K) to put it in heated storage and now you have your panties in a bunch over a $400 bill for a maintainence issue discovered this spring by a certified Merc mechanic?? You should have walked over to the sales office and discussed this matter with Erica directly b4 paying your bill. Once you paid you in effect agreed to the work that was performed.

Regardless of my opinion I repeat the question to 280ss asked by Dave R:

When were the impellers last replaced?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of Obamunism should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest the Republic become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

. . .Evidently nothing.

(Cicero, 55 BC augmented by me, 2010 AD)
Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yankee For This Useful Post: