View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #24
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Comical.....yep funny, and I was somewhat trying to be, as I could just picture a landscaper trying to stop someone from entering their home.

Plain and simple, the work, if done at all, was not authorized. Everyone is simply assuming that this boat was going to crap out in the middle of the broads or something. You can't know that. My biggest thing is that the guy was told he was not going to get the boat until he paid for repairs he did not authorize. I was a mechanic. I was never allowed to perform work on a customers vehicle unless the customer approved of the work. I couldn't just go and change a timing belt, even if I saw it was cracked or frayed, just because I thought it was a good idea and might prevent the valves from being damaged if the belt broke. It had to be authorized. If the marina had simply forgotten to get this authorization, why be so belligerent as to hold the boat for payment? that is my question about the whole thing.

Now then I have given my advise, you didn't ask for it, but now all of you owe me a beer. Pay up or I'm not going to let you use your BBQs this Summer.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post: