View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 03:04 AM   #32
Mee-n-Mac

Default And on a tangent we have ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second
I've made no assumptions: Had the poll been, "What GPS do you use on your boat?", I doubt that a passenger would have answered. It is what it is.
Assumptions ... naah you excel at insinuations.

Quote:
I found this quote honestly refreshing, but this—and the others—remain distressing:

{snip}

I don't think these poll replies should be lightly dismissed.
Of course you don't think so. Gee a site that's known for it's un-PC'ness isn't 100% PC. News at 11 !

FWIW I see your 6 posts and raise you another six ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by =
Water if I'm just out for the day and corona with a lime if staying overnight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by =
Gatorade, ice cold, right out the cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by =
H2O-O-O-O-O-O !
Quote:
Originally Posted by =
If I'm driving, water most of the time or a soda once in a while. Never any alcohol, no exceptions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by =
Just Water I spent a lot of time on the Arabian gulf ,nothing else works !
Quote:
Originally Posted by =
Gatorade
Quote:
Originally Posted by =
Driving: water or Squirt

Not Driving: Absolute and tonic w/lime
Quote:
Originally Posted by =
I'm a Diet Cokeaholic while running the boat. Once anchored or docked for the night, I'm a Miller Lite fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by =
Gatorade when running and MGD or Corona at the dock or on the trailer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by =
Water (or more often Gatorade) while I'm on the boat. Smirnoff Ice at the Turtle afterwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by =
If I'm driving, water most of the time or a soda once in a while. Never any alcohol, no exceptions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by =
Driving:
Water

Not Driving:
1. Captain and ginger, or coke, or ice tea, or lemonade, or on rocks, or ......
2. Beer
I note that the captain is "speaking" and not the "passenger" in my quotes. I note a difference between drinking (insinuated to be drunk at the helm) and drinking at the dock. The difference that's notable between these 2 posts is that I'm saying upfront that I'm cherry picking the quotations and ApS isn't saying anything of the sort (even though he is cherry picking). I say, again, read all the posts. Get some context, I promise it won't hurt. Come to your own conclusions.

Quote:
I REALLY hope the Senators are reading this one!
Well I doubt the good Senators are bothering to tune into here to make their vital decisions but let's hope that they are. Political people that they are, I'm real sure they know spin when they see it. Again I hope they read all the posts, though they have little bearing on HB162.

Again HB162 is about speed limits, their validity or lack thereof, and not BUI. This thread touches on BUI, which ApS would lead us to believe is rampant and exclusive to the GFBL crowd, and who thus being proven being naughty
(in his eyes), should be punished via HB162. Frankly I think speed limits are a poor substitute for BUI laws and enforcement. I think BUI is neither confined to nor rampant among the GFBL crowd. Arrest records on the lake are sufficient to prove or disprove the truth of this assertion. ApS may not have access to these but I'm sure any Senatorial body does. I'm not losing any sleep re:what such records say.

And so back to the original topic ... how does one distinguish excess alcohol from excess speed as being the prime causitive factor in an "accident" which is purported to have both ? Is a speed that's too fast for someone "under the influence" also too fast for a sober person ? How would an impartial Senator decide which was to blame ?