View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
jrc

I moored my boat for four years at Samoset and for the last six years, it's slipped all season. No bottom paint is needed.

Every fall it needs a scrub with Slimey Grimey or On and Off. Theses are marine bottom cleaners, probably acid based. You spray or roller it on let it set for a few minutes and scrub it off. Rinse with water. This is done on shore after haulout. Takes two hours on a 35 foot boat. You can scrub mid season if the slime bothers you but I don't.

Samoset has big granite blocks for moorings and chain that travels through the middle of the ball to a shackle. We all had double mooring lines with a stainless bull snap on each end. Clip one end of each line to the shackle and one end to the bow eye. Two identical lines for redundancy.

Some say to use loops on the line to the bow cleats instead of the bull snaps to the bow eye, but this will let the line chafe on your boat. In a protected cove this may not be an issue. But Samoset is right on the Broads, constant wave and wake action and some huge waves.

Have fun!
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links