View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 09:01 PM   #46
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
As far as I can tell, you did start the 100HP idea. Maybe I didn't search well enough.

I'm trying to keep these discussions on point and not get into pedantic semantics, that's why I dropped the fact vs opinion thread.

But BI you gotta try to keep this stuff straight. Maybe this is turning into too much of a BI against the world. I haven't seen anyone on this board change their mind in a long time, so maybe we're just churning bits. If you're going to start bringing Al Gore and his "movie" into this, how can we take you seriously.

Finally, the mother ship alone for your space ride consumes over 1000 gallons per hour. That's before you light the rocket. Have a fun trip, but stop kidding yourself, it's a rich man's indulgence. It makes no ecological sense.
My idea was a 300HP limit. I think I predicted that in 20 years or more the limit could be 100HP or less. But that was a while ago.

I didn't bring up the movie connection. I was responding to a cheap shot by hezelnut. It just so happens that movies are my business.

I also did not bring up the spacecraft connection. That was another cheap shot. They don't bother me, but don't tell me I am off topic because I respond.

Whether or not you take me seriously is not important to me. I rarely take myself seriously. If a $200k space ride is a rich man's indulgence, what do you call a $700k boat that seats 5?