View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #39
BrownstoneNorth

Default Sorry to burst bubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
The way I see things is that many folks travel to the lake from points South. Talking about places to rest along 93 or Rte 3 shouldn't be a big deal. I'd rather see folks arrived safely than to fall asleep on the way to the lake. So the topic is related to the Lakes Region.
Indeed. Forum word search for Concord came up with 500 posts, including at least one title thread -- "Commute from Wolfeboro to Concord"; some people do actually live in the Lakes Region and work in Concord (e.g., a neighbor of mine who's a teacher and another who's a nurse)... but Austin, not so much.

There are plenty of reasons why Lakes Region residents may find themselves in Concord and, for that matter, other nearby areas, and might therefore appreciate restaurant reviews. *For many of us, one of the joys of living in the Lakes Region is its proximity to much of what the great State of New Hampshire has to offer outside our immediate area.

What I can't understand is why members of the Forum who choose not or dare not venture out so, um, far, don't simply ignore a post on this subject instead of jumping all over it -- same goes for those who are offended by a strong opinion expressed in a maiden post.
BrownstoneNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrownstoneNorth For This Useful Post: