View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #41
Misha888

Default My mini review of Juniors Crush House 8/19/2013

There were 4 of us who went for appetizers on Sunday at 5 p.m. A few of us had the Orange Crush. Very refreshing. We ordered the following:

Chicken fingers (plain): lightly breaded and fried to perfection. they were cooked just right and the breading has a nice taste against the honey mustard sauce. The hot sauce, was really hot so If you like hot you're in luck.

Mozz sticks: They're you're plain ole Jane sticks. Good none the less, though the marina sauce was lacking a little spice.

Potato ribbons w/ cheese and bacon: nice size basket, plenty for 4 people. Unique and I will definitely get these again!

Crab cakes: Okay, so it was one crab cake. I didn't like the fact that it was one cake but it is what is is. They were good, a little too flat and stringy for my taste. It could have been cooked a bit longer. In my opinion, and I make a mean crab cake, this cake could have been split into two (add a little more meat) and don't make them so flat. It was a complete disappointment.

The service was okay. There were few diners there, but it appeared that our waitress was a little distracted. After sitting there with our apps for a few minutes, we needed to ask for napkins and utensils. In the waitresses own admission, we were here only table. Her lack of attentiveness still puzzles me . . . I guess it's because people like us still give a full 20% tip even if the service is so, so. We are local business owners ourselves and I know that there isn't a lot of money to be made up here so I consider it giving back to the community.

The view was good. It doesn't compare to lakeside living but then again, who am I going to get to serve me drinks and apps at the house. It's always nice to get out on a deck with a slight breeze and just enjoy the sun with family. I'm looking forward to dinner or lunch there someday soon.

As you can see, I am not a professional critic but I hope it gives some insight.

p.s. In my humble opinion, they need to clean up the back of the restaurant a little bit more to make it more like a restaurant and less like an unfinished back yard.
Misha888 is offline   Reply With Quote