View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #17
Overlake97

Default First try was underwhelming, but there's hope.

I tried the new MUG (Center Harbor) for breakfast a few weeks ago, and my overall memory is that the two main items on my dish were dry and not as expected. First, I had an omelet, and although I can't recall what was in it (seasoned beef/Tex-Mex fixins?) I do remember that it was ground up and mixed throughout the omelet, creating a consistency of a quiche. In other words, I couldn't really taste the main ingredients! The other dry item was their potato pancake (Latke), which I think serves as their only homefry/hashbrown option. I was looking forward to this, as the only other place I've found that serves it is Annie's Overflow in Plymouth, NH. But this one was dry, almost as if they tried to fry it using little to no oil. Interestingly, right as i was taking my first bite of this I heard the party across the room saying something similar to the waitress.

So, in summary, I was underwhelmed. Oddly enough, however, I will try them again sometime, as the new decor was nice, suggesting that they're committed to making a go of it - and will keep experimenting until they get it right. And despite my generally blah breakfast experience, I did appreciate that the menu had some offerings that differed from the usual diner fare.
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote